THE 14th ARABIC AND MEDITERRANEAN FILM FESTIVAL OF CATALONIA
5 - 15 November 2020
It’s been fourteen years that we’ve been filling a void in the Catalan cultural scene by giving voice to Arab and Mediterranean cinema because we are convinced that cinema, among other things, can help us understand the world we live in and also encourage us to develop our critical thinking. This effort is essential if we want to move forward in our troubled, complex and challenging world. This world in full transformation needs, more than ever, empathy and
This year, 2020, we ask you to send us films about:
Collective, private and everyday…
Resistances to Power in all its forms, resistances that may be collective or individual. Those resistances that aim to make us better persons, to bring harmony to our daily relationships or to make us freer. In short, all those experiences of lives that through tenacity and perseverance face up to the forces that suck our blood, poison the earth or want us to shut up and submit, both in the public sphere and in the privacy of close contact.
1. Section “In Perspective”
60 minutes or more movies or documentary movies filmed by directors from Arab countries in the last 10 years.
2. Section “Today looks”:
60 minutes or more movies or documentary movies filmed by directors from Arab countries in the last 3 years.
3. Please send a download link or DVD copy before 1st June, 2020. The film must be subtitled in French, English or Spanish.
4. The Film Festival will only contact the persons in charge of the selected films. The copies received will not be returned.
5. In case a movie is selected, we ask you to please send us the following items before the 15th July, 2020:
- Biography and filmography of the director
- Photography of the director and of the film in JPG 300dpi format
- Film Poster in JPG 300dpi format
- List of the dialogues in timecode (in English, French or Spanish)
6. The movies will be projected in V.O (original version), subtitled in Catalan or Spanish. The Festival will be providing subtitling for the selected movies.
7. The Festival will only be responsible for costs related to the transport of the selected movies for their scheduled screening and back to the distributor once the Festival is over following a previously agreed upon protocol.
Promotion and circulation of the selected films
8. The owners of the film’s rights authorize the Film Festival to use images (max. 3 minutes) of their film for the promotion and advertisement of the Festival during our communication campaign.
9. A maximum of 2 screenings will be scheduled for each selected film.