THE 13th ARABIC AND MEDITERRANEAN FILM FESTIVAL OF CATALONIA
7 - 17 November 2019
It’s been thirteen years that we’ve been filling a void in the Catalan cultural scene by giving voice to Arab and Mediterranean cinema because we are convinced that cinema, among other things, can help us understand the world we live in and also encourage us to develop our critical thinking. This effort is essential if we want to move forward in our troubled, complex and challenging world. This world in full transformation needs, more than ever, empathy and solidarity between all humans.
We inaugurated the 2018 Mostra saying that it would be full of surprises and this year, we will be adding more novelties to improve and adapt our programme to present times.
After many years of showing you “Arab and Mediterranean” cinema represented per “Country”, in 2019 we will be dropping this section and reorganising our programming so it will be based on current themes that will allow us to understand different viewpoints and perspectives. This new section will be called “In Perspective”. Moreover, we will open a space for more recent proposals that tackle different themes under a section named: “Present Perspectives”.
We’re inaugurating then a new section this year and we would love to receive your films on:
WALLS AND BORDERS
Physical, natural or artificial walls and borders, also those other walls, symbolic or imaginary, that can’t be seen but apparently separate, single out or stigmatise groups or individuals within their societies and/or their communities.
1. Section “In Perspective”
60 minutes or more movies or documentary movies filmed by directors from Arab countries in the last 10 years.
2. Section “Today looks”:
60 minutes or more movies or documentary movies filmed by directors from Arab countries in the last 2 years.
3. Please send a download link or DVD copy before June 20, 2019. The film must be subtitled in French, English or Spanish.
4. The Film Festival will only contact the persons in charge of the selected films. The copies received will not be returned.
5. In case a movie is selected, we ask you to please send us the following items before the July 15, 2019:
- Biography and filmography of the director
- Photography of the director and of the film in JPG 300dpi format
- Film Poster in JPG 300dpi format
- List of the dialogues in timecode (in English, French or Spanish)
6. The movies will be projected in V.O (original version), subtitled in Catalan or Spanish. The Festival will be providing subtitling for the selected movies.
7. The Festival will only be responsible for costs related to the transport of the selected movies for their scheduled screening and back to the distributor once the Festival is over following a previously agreed upon protocol.
Promotion and circulation of the selected films
8. The owners of the film’s rights authorize the Film Festival to use images (max. 3 minutes) of their film for the promotion and advertisement of the Festival during our communication campaign.
9. A maximum of 2 screenings will be scheduled for each selected film.